Taking our current processes/procedures, they needed to be incorporated into a better flow and with our updated culture values.
While my company had established processes and procedures for taking care of patients, it was very operational. Senior leadership wanted to make it more patient focused and explain the patient journey in light of our company’s purpose, promise, vision, and values.
The process had been presented to field leadership; now it had to be rolled out to the rest of the company. We had already released an introductory video with two senior leaders providing an overview of the process. Our next step was to go through each part of the process in more detail.
To avoid sharing proprietary information, I have omitted confidential information in this case study.
As the project lead, I had to make sure everyone was on the same page throughout this project, as it took a few months from idea to completion. To keep the lines of communication open, at the beginning I scheduled weekly meetings with the project team and stakeholders to provide updates on the project. Since the stakeholders were part of senior leadership, setting the time early on held them accountable to attend and if we needed to move or cancel, that was an option as well.
In addition, the team working on the project deliverables met in a separate weekly meeting. This allowed us to get into the details of each deliverable during the meeting and ensure that everyone had what they needed to deliver on time. It also gave everyone the opportunity to provide peer feedback on the products so that everything went together.
Throughout the project, we had various stakeholders reviewing the work. For example, for our products to have the same look and feel as our marketing material (even though they have different outcomes). Once our main job aid, detailing all the steps and the procedures associated with the process, was completed, our marketing team was able to review and provide feedback so that we created a clean and cohesive visual product.
My main deliverable was creating the videos that demonstrated the steps of our process. My first step involved reviewing the content presented to the field leadership and using it to create the script. Once the script was ready, I had subject matter experts review the content to ensure it accurately portrayed the patient experience and that it demonstrated our best practices.
While finalizing each script, I reached out to high performing offices, recommended by senior leadership, to coordinate filming. I worked with the store managers to determine the best date and make sure they had enough people to participate based on the script. I made sure that the reviewed scripts were sent to the managers to provide to the cast prior to the filming date.
On the day of filming, I would come in early and set up the equipment. While I would occasionally have a team member to help with the cast, I would otherwise direct the filming, making sure it was performed as envisioned and that we got through all the material. I would defer to the office managers to help make sure the scenes were realistic and that the associates were following the best practices.
Once the filming was completed, I then would take the footage back and edit it down to fit the time-frame allotted for the video while still ensuring it demonstrated our best practices. This finished footage would also go through the same review as the scripts.
|An image from one of the videos illustrating how “pop-up” notes would lay over the video demonstration.|
After all the content was created our senior leadership requested a simple one-page resource for all the materials that were created. While all of the content was stored in our Learning Management System (LMS), they still requested a resource that had everything in one place.
For this request I wanted to create something that was visually appealing and interactive so that our associates didn’t have to go searching for resources. My solution was to create an interactive PDF that allowed me to learn new skills and stretch my abilities. As associates rolled their cursor over the steps, they would be highlighted. When they clicked on the step, the resources specific to that step would appear. When they clicked on another sets of steps, than the original ones would disappear and the new ones would appear. By creating this as a PDF, it was a file type that everyone would be able to easily access without any special software.
The senior leadership stakeholders were pleased with the outcome and many other stakeholders asked to use this presentation with future projects.
|Animation of interactive pdf. It includes links to resources and learning modules directly in the document.|